Check out the results of the race on the C2C Team Tracker!
April 21st-23rd, 2017
Campus to Coast is a paddle sport adventure race put on by the Michigan State University Outdoors Club. The race starts at Wonch Park in Okemos, following the Red Cedar River into the Grand River and out through Grand Haven, finishing at Grand Haven State Park. The race is approximately 160 miles, with estimations of the fastest times being anywhere from 36-40 hours and 57 hours being the cut-off time. Because this event happens early in the year, and will require paddling at night there is required gear; found in the rules. This race also contains 7 portages, along with one section where racers must “canoe line” a small section of fall over dams.
Due to the inherent dangers of canoeing/kayaking, cold weather, night river travel, and dams, every racer should be well aware of the protocols regarding emergency situations (found in the rules). Racers also must be aware of their own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses before undertaking this event. Everyone is welcome to take part in any division they are applicable for; however they should take into consideration all risks (frostbite, hypothermia, drowning, death, etc.). “Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.” as they say, plan appropriately and you should all have an expedition of a lifetime.
Racers are organized into 3 major divisions with 6 different prices, the major division being as followed:
- Collegiate (FULL): Any team composed of members all of who are studying at a secondary education school, including but not limited to colleges, universities, trade schools, and technical institutes.
- Open Expedition Style (FULL): A team composed of members who will carry all their gear and food, and will obtain no outside assistance.
- Open River Runner Style (FULL): A team who is only required to carry the required gear, and will have a support team following along the river. However, the support team may in no way assist in the forward progress of the paddle team.
Pricing per person is as follows:
- Collegiate MSUOC members: With return transport: $40 , No return transport: $30.
- Other colleges/Non MSUOC members: With return transport: $50, No return transport: $40.
- Open: with return transport $70; without return transport $60.
- Rentals: additional $35 per canoe rental (fits three people), or $40 per kayak rental (fits one person), both while supplies last.
- Registration will be capped at 120 people.
- Registration is online. Checks should be made out to MSU Outdoors Club and can be dropped off at the MSUOC meetings Monday 8pm in IM West 208 (registration & refund deadline: 04/10) or can be sent to:
2781 Northwind Dr, Apt 23
East Lansing, MI 48823
(post mark deadline: 04/08)
Registration is now closed.
**Each team member must submit a registration form (one form per person)**
If you need to make changes to your registration form, contact Dan Durbin or Vanessa Thomas. Please do not fill out a new form.
Thank you to all who signed up! If you were not able to get a spot, but still want to participate in the event, please consider volunteering! Any time you are able to donate to help make our event run smoothly would be greatly appreciated!
Information and registration documents (subject to change):
Facebook event: Campus to Coast 2017
For all questions, please contact our race coordinator: